[Michlib-l] PPE Training Compilation

Jessica Ishmael jishmael at lincolnlib.org
Thu May 28 14:39:50 EDT 2020

Hi Everyone,

Below are the compiled responses from my question about providing PPE training to library staff. I hope it is as helpful to everyone else as it has been for me!

Best,

Jessica Ishmael
Director
Lincoln Township Public Library
2099 W John Beers Rd
Stevensville, MI 49127
(269) 429-9575 ext 126

PPE Training Compilation

----------------------

ORIGINAL POST:

----------------------

Does anyone have a plan for how they will be providing/delivering PPE training to their staff that they would be willing to share? Are you conducting the training yourself or will you arrange for someone to come in (who) - or have you already made arrangements? Is anyone doing PPE training virtually/remotely?

----------------------

----------------------

Matt Church, Library Director

Berkley Public Library

Our City's Public Safety department is providing guidance on PPE for staff.

---------------------------------------

Jessica Keyseer

Grosse Pointe Library

A friend sent me this video from Illinois. I haven't had a chance to preview it yet, but it's the first library-specific training I've seen for using PPE.

https://www.railslibraries.info/events/181992?fbclid=IwAR1ooHBcQnGeGiTqhFIqZPnleQ6Qxj6sYL8kvXGRnPZVrGSzt1WyI8gMU6Y​

---------------------------------------

Mary Harrison
Coloma Public Library

Basically, staff need to know how to handle our materials at check-in, curbside service, and to be safe with the PPE.  They also need guidance on hygiene expectations.

I am planning on doing the training myself since much of it seems library specific.

I can show my staff the safe technique for removing gloves without creating more contamination, etc.  There are good YouTube demos for that.

---------------------------------------

Holly Hentz

Hamburg Township Library

I will be conducting the staff training myself. I will be covering hand washing, masks, gloves, social distancing, cleaning of high-touch area, and the cleaning products that we have. It really shouldn’t take long as it’s mostly common sense. I’m doing it over 2 days to allow for social distancing (we have a staff of 14).

---------------------------------------

Cindy Mack

Brighton District Library

Our county health department is preparing a general one that we will be showing all staff. They have been a great resource to me so hopefully yours would be just as helpful.

Jude Halloran

Highland Library

I was wondering if these would fill that need, from CDC:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/cloth-face-covering.pdf

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html

Julie Meredith
Clarkston Independence District Library

I have been sending out "Work from Home assignment" emails each day for the past 2 1/2 weeks with a short video to watch, most of them are from the CDC. If you would like to see the webpage compilation of what we've done so far, I can share the link with you. It's not fancy, but it seems to be working: https://cidlibrary.org/WFH