[Michlib-l] A little advice

T.A. Cutler Memorial Library CutlerLibrary at live.com
Tue Nov 3 13:28:50 EST 2020

So...walked out of the office to discover two adult patrons sharing an armchair; one is literally sleeping in the other one's lap.

Not entirely sure what if anything I can/should do about this. We don't have a policy against sleeping in the library, but these chairs are meant to be occupied by one person--not two full-size adults. And I also have some kids in the library--not entirely sure this falls under PDA, but it definitely raised my eyebrow.

Any advice? I don't want to be rude or insensitive, but I also don't want the furniture damaged and potential liability if the chair collapse or break under them. Nor do I want pictures showing up on social media about "what I saw at the library."

Thanks!
Jessica

T.A. Cutler Memorial Library
312 Michigan Ave.