[Michlib-l] Free Virtual Holiday Writing Workshops From the Ypsilanti District Library

Paula Drummond Drummond at ypsilibrary.org
Thu Nov 5 11:57:31 EST 2020

The Ypsilanti District Library is offering two free, virtual workshops for anyone who would like to give the gift of writing this holiday season, no library card required.  Your patrons may appreciate these opportunities to create a unique and memorable gift from home. Everyone is welcome to attend by registering in advance online, please see details below and help us spread the word. Thanks!

Workshop #1:  Capturing Your Holidays Through Writing Wed, Nov 11th, 6-7:30 pm
Join the Ypsilanti District Library and YpsiWrites at a virtual workshop for adults and teens where we’ll explore different genres and ways to capture holiday traditions and memories, including recipes, cards and letters, memory and photo books, stories, and more. We’ll explore strategies and resources for capturing holiday memories through writing and do some brainstorming. Come to our second workshop on Dec 12th to share and polish your work.  Register here for the Nov 12th event to get the  Zoom link: https://www.ypsilibrary.org/event/capturing-your-holidays-through-writing/

Workshop #2:  Writing as a Gift Sat, Dec 12th, 11-12:30 pm
Join the Ypsilanti District Library and YpsiWrites at our second virtual writing workshop for adults and teens. If you attended our November workshop, you’ll be invited to share what you’ve been working on since then. If you’re a new participant, you’ll look at examples of writing given as gifts and respond to prompts that will help you create your own writing gifts. Writers should expect to come away with drafts of writing that can be polished and gifted.
Young writers (ages 6-13) and families can also participate! We’ll divide into breakout rooms and have special activities for kids. Write using multiple prompts which can be shared with a loved one — near or far — as a gift.
Register here for the Dec 12th event to get the Zoom link:  https://www.ypsilibrary.org/event/writing-as-a-gift/