[Michlib-l] Virtual program recommendation

Paul McCann pmccann at dexter.lib.mi.us
Fri Nov 6 11:26:15 EST 2020

Hi everyone,

If you are looking for an engaging, virtual cooking program, the Dexter District Library hosted Zee Shami, "Zee the Cook," for a very upbeat, participatory program for children and families. The program we had was 'How to Make Oreo Pops.' The program was very interactive, registered participants received a list of tools and ingredients to have at hand when the program started and were walked through the recipe. Families ended up with chocolate covered Oreo pops at the end of the hour long program. Zee took time to interact with all the children and families and gave advice on how each family was doing with the recipe throughout the program. Cleanliness and safety were stressed throughout. While not the same as having a live program at the Library, Zee was very adept with technology and showed close up views of the process. Aside from managing the waiting room, there was very little work for staff during the program. We did set up the Zoom meeting, manage the registration and issue the program link and equipment/ingredients list. We would definitely invite Zee back for another program at Dexter. Zee the Cook can be contacted through her web site at [ https://www.zeethecook.com/ | https://www.zeethecook.com/ ] or at her physical location:

ZeeTheCook, LLC

24732 W Warren

Dearborn Heights, MI 48127

[ tel:+1-313-414-2301 | 313-414-2301 ]