[Michlib-l] sharing policies

Perri Saunders p.saunders at woodlands.lib.mi.us
Tue Nov 17 11:59:30 EST 2020

If you have something in your policies or job description about
impartiality/neutrality in discussions between staff and patrons, could you
share?
I feel like this is a weird request, but with so many controversial topics
out there right now (politics being number one), we want to keep things
neutral.  We may not agree with the opinions of patrons, but I think we
need to keep from expressing our views in the library setting.

*ALSO* - Do you have a simple remote work policy?  This is what we have so
far (unapproved):

There may be a period that a work-at-home order is put in place by MIOSHA,
the health department, or other state or local entities.  During a
work-at-home order, employees that can perform their duties at home must
work remotely.  Because most library work involves interaction with the
public and access to library records, those staff duties must be done at
the library.  Additionally, two staff members are required to work during
all open hours to ensure staff security.  The Director and AD will make
every effort to assign duties that can be performed at home for a portion
of each staff member’s scheduled work hours.

This is an addition to our ever growing COVID-19 Response and Preparedness
Plan - feel free to steal if you want.  I'm just trying to get it covered.
:)

--
Perri Saunders, Director
White Pigeon Township Library