[Michlib-l] East Lansing Public Library Announces Temporary Closure to the Public

Andrea Smiley asmiley at cityofeastlansing.com
Wed Nov 18 16:52:54 EST 2020

[cid:b264cbaa-fbab-483d-9c3b-8f712d31c79f]

East Lansing Public Library Announces Temporary Closure to the Public

Modified Services and Increased Safety Procedures Implemented

East Lansing, MI – The East Lansing Public Library will temporarily close to the public and modify services in response to the community-wide spread of COVID-19 and new Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) Emergency Order.The plan is to follow the guidelines of the City of East Lansing, Ingham County Health Department, the State of Michigan and the CDC. We will continue to listen to science and healthcare providers and adjust as needed.

“Out of an abundance of care for our patrons, staff and community members, the East Lansing Public Library is reverting back to curbside pickup services and closing our building to the public. This decision was not made lightly. The staff and I have truly enjoyed seeing many of our patrons back in the library over the past month,” stated Kristin Shelley, Library Director. “It is my hope that by complying with the guidelines from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, we will safely welcome the community back into the library soon.”

Beginning on November 20, 2020, the library will roll-back services to Phase 3 and close the building to the public. Curbside Pickup Service will continue with a new schedule of Monday ­– Thursday from 11:00 am – 6:00 pm and Saturdays from 1:00 – 5:00 pm. The Outdoor Locker System will be available 24/7 for hold pickups. The library will also continue to offer Materials by Mail for those patrons who are unable to participate in Curbside Pickup.

During this time, digital services and virtual programming will continue to be the focus with a limited number of staff working in the building.