[Michlib-l] Virtual teen mystery (MI Library Quest) - sign up your library to participate

Mi.Library Quest milibraryquest at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 12:48:19 EST 2020

Hello!

Your library is invited to participate in the second statewide MI Library
Quest: Winter Quest!

The Winter Quest will be held from January 1 through February 14.  Teens
will collect clues from the websites of participating libraries, solve the
mystery, and enter to win a prize.  If your library would like to
participate, please sign up here
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeXxN3ST6OcRFYd53bsdJUIiGiB8rftL1PMdbnerwwZUTlsHA/viewform>
by
December 11.

Following library closures in the spring and a shift to virtual
programming, a group of librarians from throughout the state began meeting
to collaborate on virtual teen programming.  We created MI Library Quest, a
virtual scavenger hunt, for all teens throughout the state as a summer
event.

We're now getting ready to launch another Quest to be held this winter
(January 1 - February 14).

The Winter Quest will be a mystery for teens to solve by collecting
evidence from participating libraries' websites.

The premise is:  An anonymous tip has come in that a thief has announced
that they will steal an iconic Michigan landmark on Valentine's Day. We’re
recruiting teenage private detectives charged with stopping the heist!
Figure out what they’re stealing and who the thief is to prevent the crime and
be entered to win a prize. The challenge begins on January 1.

Details will be on www.mi.gov/MiLibraryQuest early next month.  That site
currently has our Summer Quest info.

Each participating library will:

   - place the MI Library Quest image and a library-specific clue (which
   will be given to them) on their website
   - promote the event to their teens (Promotional materials will be
   available from the Quest team.)
   - award at least one prize to a teen who is from your library and
   completes the Quest

You are also invited to join our meetings.  The next one is on Wednesday,
December 2 at 2:00 P.M.  If you'd like to join, please email us at mi
libraryquest at gmail.com for the Zoom link and password.

If your library would like to participate, please sign up here
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeXxN3ST6OcRFYd53bsdJUIiGiB8rftL1PMdbnerwwZUTlsHA/viewform>
by
December 11.

If you have any questions, please let us know at milibraryquest at gmail.com.