[Michlib-l] Albion District Library Closed Through December

Cynthia Stanczak director at albionlibrary.org
Mon Nov 23 17:51:30 EST 2020

Albion District Library has been closed since August 25 due to the
discovery of water damage and mold.  We've experienced multiple setbacks
throughout the last four months, including our insurance denying our claim
and three more roof leaks since the initial discovery.  Our roof is
scheduled to be replaced the week of December 6, and our remediation
project is currently on hold until that is complete.  (There's no point
putting walls and ceilings back up if we still have water coming in.  Keep
your fingers crossed for us, please.  We need the weather to hold out long
enough to get the new roof on.)

With that in mind, and in an abundance of caution regarding the safety of
our staff and public amid staggeringly high infection rates in our county,
the ADL Board of Trustees has decided to close through the end of this
year.  We will reassess at the December meeting.

Stay safe, everyone, and be well.  Best wishes to you, your teams, and your
families, for a safe and happy winter/holiday season.

Cynthia Stanczak, MLS
Library Director
Albion District Library
501 S. Superior St.
Albion, MI  49224
(517) 629-3993

Albion District Library: Transforming Minds, Changing Lives.
Proudly serving our community since 1919.
Online at www.albionlibrary.org, or find us on Facebook!

*My working day may not be your working day. Please do not feel obligated
to reply to this email outside of your normal working hours.*