[Michlib-l] Job Posting: Computer Technician II

Shannon Powers spowers at chelseadistrictlibrary.org
Thu Oct 1 15:02:51 EDT 2020

The Chelsea District Library is ready to welcome a new Computer Technician
to our team.  Please find the details below, as well as an attached job
description.

*Computer Technician II*

Are you an experienced technologist looking for a new adventure? Can you
share knowledge and enable others to learn with a smile? In addition to
traditional IT service duties, you’ll have the opportunity to work with an
array or creative applications to engage and fascinate people of all ages.
Our “Ingenuity Engine” makerspace is designed to help our staff and our
community explore technology in a fun and creative way. Two years
supporting users in a Windows environment preferred. Networking experience
helpful but will train a candidate with an outstanding customer service
track record.

As the Computer Technician II at CDL, you will find opportunities to share
and learn in a team environment. In this position, you will join the
library staff and board in developing the resources, programming, and
services that enable the library to achieve its mission and implement its
strategic plan.

*Why Chelsea District Library?*

CDL is a nationally recognized library located in historic downtown Chelsea
with a mission to engage, inspire, and equip through evolving resources and
service. An integral part of the Chelsea community, we provide patrons of
all ages with a variety of services, resources, and programs to meet the
educational, recreational, and informational needs of the community we
serve. We truly believe that coming to work every day should be fun,
challenging, and supportive! We look forward to hearing how you can support
our mission and contribute to our culture.

*Pre-interview questions (to be submitted with application materials):*

●        How do you see the role of Computer Technician II in responding to
our library’s mission?

●        What qualifications and qualities are important in the role of a
public library Computer Technician II? Describe at least three.

●        What is your vision of the role of library Computer Technician II
in the future?

*Items to submit (in a single PDF file):*

   1. Cover letter
   2. Resume
   3. Answers to pre-interview questions
   4. CDL job application
   <https://chelseadistrictlibrary.org/about-us/employment-cdl/>

*Send to:*   *JOBS**@chelseadistrictlibrary.org*
<jobs at chelseadistrictlibrary.org>

*Deadline for applications:* *Friday, Oct. 23, 2020* *by 5PM*

*Interviews anticipated:      Week of Nov. 9th*

*Target starting date:            Monday, Dec. 7th  *

Shannon Powers
*Head of Information Services*
Information Services
Chelsea District Library
p: 734.475.8732 X217 <(734)%20475-8732>
f: 734.475.6190 <(734)%20476-6190>
a: 221 S. Main Street | Chelsea | MI | 48118
w: chelseadistrictlibrary.org  e:spowers at chelseadistrictlibrary.org
<https://www.facebook.com/ChelseaDistrictLibrary/>
<https://twitter.com/ChelseaLibrary>