[Michlib-l] OCR Scanning

Margaret Loebe mloebe at emich.edu
Fri Oct 2 11:56:30 EDT 2020

I was bequeathed a scanner by our archives department who had an extra one.
It's a little slow and I'm not impressed with the size of the flat bed (A4)
but it does a marvellous job with OCR -- the software was basically built
for it. Because I didn't order it, I didn't realize how much it costs. So
it's spendy, but truly excellent. I haven't used the document feeder but
that also looks like it scans quickly.

Kodak i2900 scanner
https://www.alarisworld.com/en-us/solutions/document-scanners/desktop/i2900-scanner

Good luck,

Margaret

Margaret Loebe, MLS
Circulation Services Coordinator
Halle Library, Eastern Michigan University
734-487-2558
mloebe at emich.edu
pronouns: she/hers