[Michlib-l] Virtual Auction

Maria Gardella gardellm at libcoop.net
Fri Oct 9 09:47:46 EDT 2020

Good morning,

I'm seeking some advice. Our Friends group is looking to host a virtual
auction as we head into the holidays, with the intention of allowing
participants to bid over a two to three week period. They've asked for a
bit of help, but this is all new terrain for me! I've done some digging
and have found examples of software that might aid with the process -
but obviously they'd prefer to keep things as low-budget as possible.
Has anyone out there hosted a virtual auction or similar fundraiser? Any
suggestions or advice as to how our Friends can create a smooth and
simple experience for our participants, preferably without breaking the
bank? Is social media an option or are there legal pitfalls there that
I'm unaware of? Any insight would be much appreciated!

Hope everyone is staying safe out there. :)

Thanks,

Maria Gardella (She/Her/Hers)
 Reference Librarian
MacDonald Public Library (zv239)