[Michlib-l] Part-time Programming Aide position at Clarkston Independence District Library

Tracy Bedford tracylouisebedford at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 14:12:42 EDT 2020

Could you please post this?  Thank you.

Part-time Programming Aide
The Clarkston Independence District Library is looking for a creative and
enthusiastic person to become a member of our Youth Services Team! We are
in the midst of creating new and innovative programming for our community
and need someone to help us out! If you are interested, check out the job
description below.
Salary: $11.00- $16.00 per hour depending on experience
Hours: 10-20 hours per week
Primary job duties:
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Preparation and facilitation of programs for children from birth to age 18
• Promotion of collections through creation of displays
• Perform other library duties as assigned
Qualifications:
• Professional and enthusiastic attitude towards providing public library
service to patrons
• Experience working with children
• A desire to serve the public in a positive manner
• Familiarity with popular reading materials and genre collections for youth
• Familiarity with popular technology including Zoom, Facebook Live and
editing software preferred
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Knowledge of Integrated Library systems, Polaris preferred
• Knowledge of popular office computer programs
• Ability to lift, push and/or pull at least 20 pounds
• Flexibility to work varied hours
Reports to: Head of Children’s & Teen Services
Materials for application which should include a resume and cover letter,
are due by October 23rd, and should be sent to:
Tracy Bedford
Head of Children’s and Teen Services
bedfordt at cidlibrary.org