[Michlib-l] Let’s LEAP together… one step at a time! Registration is open for Nov. 5!

Jan Davidson davidsonj at mcls.org
Thu Oct 15 16:43:21 EDT 2020

Let’s LEAP together… one step at a time!

LEAP (Libraries Engage Appreciatively for Positive Change) registration is now open.

Please excuse cross-posting and note that this event includes lists that extend beyond Michigan, but the event is for Michigan library staff only.

As part of our shared Michigan Libraries Engage project, MCLS and the Library of Michigan invite all Michigan library staff to a special virtual event on Thursday, Nov. 5, 2020, 9:30am – 4:30pm Eastern.

We have heard from many Michigan libraries that the priority right now, in the wake of disruptions and closures caused by COVID-19, is to start reengaging with your communities one conversation, one patron at a time; LEAP will focus on teaching you some great techniques to do just that. This workshop day, as well as the six monthly virtual facilitated learning and coaching sessions to follow, will help you feel equipped and inspired to work toward engaging your community in new ways as we continue to navigate our mid-pandemic, and move toward a post-pandemic, world – one small LEAP at a time.

The LEAP event will guide you through processes and tools of Appreciative Inquiry to help you focus on your library’s strengths and build upon them in order to reconnect with your patrons and your wider community.

The Library of Michigan supports Michigan library staff in growing their skills and reconnecting with their communities. Registration is highly subsidized and is just $40 per person.

Registration is now open and first-come, first-served. Register today!<https://store.mcls.org/index.php/special-programs/libraries-engage-appreciatively-for-positive-change-leap-604.html> For more information visit:  https://www.mcls.org/training-events/events/leap-2020/

This project is made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services<https://www.imls.gov/>. Additional support is provided by the Library of Michigan<https://www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan/>.

Jan Davidson
Project Manager
Engagement, Consulting, and Training
Midwest Collaborative for Library Services (MCLS)
517-492-3811 / toll-free 800-530-9019 x111
davidsonj at mcls.org<mailto:davidsonj at mcls.org>