[Michlib-l] 3 Collection Development Questions

Betty Adams badams at inksterlibrary.org
Fri Oct 16 14:53:01 EDT 2020

Hello Michlib World!

We are about to undertake a massive weeding project, particularly of our
nonfiction collection, and would like your advice and input before we go
full throttle into this endeavour.

1. What is your weeding process? (Do you have policies in place about
weeding, a method that works best for your library, or other advice to
offer?)

2. Does your library have an African American Collection or other special
collection? If so, does it include nonfiction? What are your parameters for
your special collection?

3. Does your library have a collection development strategy that you'd be
willing to share so we can assess processes we may not have considered?

Thanks for any and all information shared. Please respond off list and
those who are interested in the information collected, please also email
off list and I will share the findings once compiled.

Have a wonderful weekend!
--

-Betty Adams

Library Director
Leanna Hicks Public Library of Inkster, MI
badams at inksterlibrary.org

Main Coordinator
Dolly Parton's Imagination Library Detroit
teamdolly at wayne.edu