[Michlib-l] Michigan Activity Pass Updates: Exciting News!

Jim Flury jflury at tln.lib.mi.us
Tue Oct 20 09:52:35 EDT 2020

Good Morning,

I wanted to share three very exciting MAP related news items with you today:

1. Re-opening of three popular MAP destination partners: We are pleased to announce that three popular MAP attractions have re-opened, and as such will now appear when patrons do a search for them at [ http://www.plymouthrockets.com/michiganactivitypass/ | http://www.plymouthrockets.com/michiganactivitypass/ ] In northern Michigan (Traverse City) Great Lakes Children's Museum is now open, via advance reservation. In metro Detroit (Auburn Hills, Great Lakes Crossing) two of our most popular MAP partner destinations, Peppa Pig World of Play Michigan and Legoland Discovery Center Michigan, have also re-opened. This brings the total number of active MAP partner destinations to 414.

2. Remember the QR Code? It has made a comeback. This comeback of the QR Code will soon be reflected on the various MAP promotional materials (bookmarks; postcards; and three sizes of posters). Brigette at TLN is redesigning the MAP bookmarks, postcards and posters so as to incorporate a QR Code for MAP [ http://www.plymouthrockets.com/michiganactivitypass/ | http://www.plymouthrockets.com/michiganactivitypass/ ] into them. Libraries and our MAP partner destinations want to encourage MAP patrons to utilize a mobile MAP pass vs. a printed paper pass whenever possible. The incorporation of the QR Code for the MAP website into the various promotional materials seemed an easy way to promote the use of the mobile MAP pass. The redesign of the MAP promotional material is nearly complete, and will be posted at [ https://tln.lib.mi.us/map/ | https://tln.lib.mi.us/map/ ] when ready. Thanks, Brigette!

3. Related to the above, TLN has contracted with Oakland Schools Production Printing and Graphics [ https://www.oakland.k12.mi.us/school-districts/services/prodution-printing-and-graphics | https://www.oakland.k12.mi.us/school-districts/services/prodution-printing-and-graphics ] to do a large print run of the currently being redesigned MAP postcard, including the MAP QR Code, at a heavily discounted price. These MAP postcards when ready will be made available in packs of 100 to interested Michigan public libraries. We will alert you via an email as to when the redesigned MAP postcards are ready. The MAP postcards could make good bookmarks as part of curbside service :) And of course so could the being redesigned MAP bookmarks themselves.

Thank you for your continued support and promotion of the Michigan Activity Pass program.

Sincerely,

Jim Flury

Jim Flury
Technical Services Manager