[Michlib-l] Thursday, 10/22: free workshop about advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion at your organization

Katie Wittenauer kwittenauer at mihumanities.org
Wed Oct 21 08:46:57 EDT 2020

Good morning from Michigan Humanities,

As part of our Bridging Michigan series, please join Katena Cain of Nonprofit Network at 11 a.m. on Thursday, 10/22, for a workshop focused on advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion within your organization.

Registration is free and available here<https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/8316025089337/WN_UkUMtbUJRP2SVNNfuTEIWA>. You can also feel free to share the Facebook event<https://www.facebook.com/events/2822998297936847> with your colleagues and community members. See below for additional details!

We hope to see you online tomorrow morning, and please let me know if you have any questions.

Katie

WHAT IS BRIDGING MICHIGAN?
Bridging Michigan<https://www.michiganhumanities.org/bridging-michigan/> is an event series and new grant opportunity that will spark in-depth conversation and action around the persistent social, economic, and cultural issues of systemic inequities that divide our communities.

Workshop leader Katena Cain will discuss questions to ask as you begin DEI work within your organization, potential hurdles to anticipate, and how to set goals and advance the work. Upon registration, attendees will receive a link to the event. Questions can be submitted on the registration form and during the Q&A portion of the online, webinar-style event.

ABOUT KATENA CAIN:
Katena is a Management Consultant skilled at helping diverse groups and communities think creatively and collaboratively together. She empowers people to translate conflict and differences into creative breakthrough. Her passion is creating environments where individuals, teams, and organizations can transform and shift old ways of doing things.

Katena specializes in leadership and team development, board governance, strategic planning and communication. She is skilled in Cognitive Coaching, is a certified Bridges Out of Poverty trainer, and is a co-creator of a statewide Diversity, Inclusion and Equity toolkit. Her ongoing clients represent a broad range of groups, including police departments, local municipalities, schools, religious institutions, social services and human services.

Katena holds a Bachelor’s degree from Michigan State University, a Master’s degree in Organizational Management from Spring Arbor University, and a PhD in Organizational Leadership at Grand Canyon University.

[cid:1373c7c9-8686-433f-9b80-8e18947aef07]

Katie Wittenauer
Director of Programs
Michigan Humanities
2364 Woodlake Drive, Suite 100