[Michlib-l] Academic Libraries- quick poll

Simpson, Cynthia cssimpson at madonna.edu
Thu Oct 29 10:44:46 EDT 2020

Hello all,

I'm the 2020-2021 MiALA (Michigan Academic Library Association) President, and would like to advise that we have a reopening plan repository<https://miala.org/library_reopening.php> on our website. We are asking that, if you have permission to share it publicly, you add your reopening plan to the repository. We welcome all academic plans, whether they are from a community college, publicly funded, private or out of state. You also do not need to be a MiALA member to use the repository.

The intentions with the repository are to enable academic libraries to benchmark current practices in libraries similar to their own, and also have a data set for scholars to access in the future.

Tremendous thanks to the libraries that have already submitted their plans and infographics.

The link again is https://miala.org/library_reopening.php

All best and stay safe out there!

Cynthia S. Simpson, MLIS
(she/her/hers)
Director of Library Services

Madonna University Library
36600 Schoolcraft
Livonia, MI 48150

(734) 432-5684

Chat with-a-Librarian! 24/7/365 Reference Chat is always open​ on our main Library pages
Reserve a table/computer in the Library through the link on our homepage.
Book Returns/Renewals: Books that are checked out from Spring are not accruing fines (different from replacement costs). This includes interlibrary loan material. If you are on campus, please return your books in the book drop on the front of the Administration Building. The book drop within the Library is closed due to COVID procedures. Please do not mail your books.
Hours of operation<http://library.madonna.edu/about-us/hours>
Campus Information about COVID<https://www.madonna.edu/coronavirus/>