[Michlib-l] Metro-Detroit Book and Author Fall Events

Glenn Fischer gfischer at cromaine.org
Thu Sep 17 18:38:50 EDT 2020

Please forgive the cross-postings. This is a message from the Metro-Detroit
Book and Author Society regarding events we have coming up this fall. As a
Board member for this group, I invite you to help us with the planning of
our fall virtual events and to share with us some authors you'd like to see
us bring to the area (virtually, for now) via this form
<https://forms.gle/hinuPKBYMo84rRxP9>. Thank you so much!

Remember us? The Metro Detroit Book & Author Society has not forgotten
> you.  We are hard at work, talking with authors to bring you the wonderful
> experience of our author luncheons but in new formats that are safe and
> satisfying in our shared COVID-19 world. We’ve brought you fantastic
> authors since our early beginnings in 1972 and plan to keep bringing high
> caliber rosters of great authors to our loyal readers even in these
> challenging times.
>
> We are keeping our priorities straight and standards high.  We are
> planning on events with best-selling authors Mary Norris, Karen Dionne (a
> Michigan writer), and Sandra Brown. As soon as we finalize the series, it
> will be posted on our web page, on Facebook, on Instagram, Twitter and our
> newsletter.  We will make sure to keep you in the know. Please help us
> plan our fall events.
> <https://forms.gle/hinuPKBYMo84rRxP9>
> Promoting literacy in the metro Detroit area is our driving force.  We
> have awarded over 108 literacy grants to libraries, literacy agencies, and
> educational organizations in greater Detroit, reaching not only urban areas
> but rural ones as well.  We love giving grants to fund and boost creative
> ideas to foster a lifelong love of reading.  Our luncheons provided the
> financial resources for grants.  We will need your help and generosity to
> keep these initiatives rolling.
>
> We look forward to hearing from you! You can contact us through all the
> outlets mentioned above.  Stay safe, stay tuned and keep reading!

Glenn Fischer
Technology Manager
Hartland's Cromaine Library
P.O. Box 308