[Michlib-l] Science, technology and social equality changes - Knight Foundation webinar on 9-24 at 1pm ET

Shannon White - Library of Michigan whites29 at michigan.gov
Fri Sep 18 15:15:03 EDT 2020

THE FUTURE OF DEMOCRACY a weekly show from the Knight Foundation offers free webinars. Please find one below of interest to the library community.

Science, technology, and social inequality with Social Science Research Council's Alondra Nelson
Thursday, Sept. 24, 1 p.m. ET

How is the pandemic changing our nation's social structures? Does access to technology change who can succeed now and in the future? On Episode 22 of "The Future of Democracy," we'll talk with Alondra Nelson, president of the Social Science Research Council, a nonprofit interdisciplinary research network. She'll share her expertise as a leading thinker on tech's intersection with equity.
Hosted by Sam Gill | Knight Foundation SVP/Chief Program Officer

RSVP here: https://kf-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/4816003975106/WN_DDSar5D9REiITKbOtPqMXQ

The Future of Democracy, formerly called VISION, is a weekly Knight Foundation show about the trends, ideas and disruptions changing the face of our democracy. Hosted by Sam Gill, Knight's chief program officer, the 30-minute program takes a hard look at the important issues our country is facing today.

To learn more, or to see past episodes, visit KF.org.

Shannon White
Library of Michigan, 702 W. Kalamazoo, Lansing, MI 48909
Whites29 at michigan.gov<mailto:Whites29 at michigan.gov>  517-335-1507 | www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan<http://www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan>