[Michlib-l] Patron Registration Cards

Kimberly Rice krice at loutitlibrary.org
Thu Sep 24 15:09:41 EDT 2020

Hi Maggie,
Hope all is well with you.  Here are some answers to your questions.

1. We file our forms when someone gets a new library card to be kept until
they get purged due to the card not used after a long period of time.  This
past purge, a couple of months ago, was over 4,000 cards.

2. When someone needs a replacement card we don't have them fill out a new
form unless their home library changes.  We don't find their old form and
put the new barcode on it.

3. We don't require a signature for the changes to their account.

4. We don't ask for an explicit written permission to add them to our
newsletter.

5. We usually don't know if there are changes to their account unless they
inform us or when the card expires after the three years.  Having another
system in place would be nice to catch changes they have on their account.

Hope this helps.

Kimberly Rice

Library Assistant I

she/her/hers

616.850.6918 | loutitlibrary.org

407 Columbus Ave. Grand Haven, MI 49417

Expanding Horizons, Enriching Minds, Engaging Community
<https://www.facebook.com/LoutitDistrictLibrary/>
<https://www.instagram.com/loutitlibrary/>