[Michlib-l] HAPL Director Transition

kwilliams at hartpubliclibrary.org kwilliams at hartpubliclibrary.org
Wed Sep 30 10:40:58 EDT 2020

Announcement:
Nancy Sterk, Chair Person of the Hart Area Public Library Board of Trustees, announces the retirement of library Director Kay Williams and the promotion of Kathleen Rash as the new Director of the Hart Library.  Ms. Rash, who has served as the Assistant Director for the Library since August of 2013, assumes her new position on October 12. Kathleen began working for the Hart Library as a circulation clerk in 2011.  She states, “I'm thrilled to be selected for this new role. I'm looking forward to continuing to build upon my relationship with the staff, trustees and the community.” Originally from Macomb County in southeastern Michigan, she has lived in Oceana and Muskegon Counties with her husband, Aaron, and their five children for the last 12 years.  Kathleen is enthusiastic about creating a vision for how the library can best serve and adapt to the evolving needs of the community. She has both a BS and a BA from Michigan State University, enjoys hiking with her family, cooking vegetarian meals, travel and, of course, reading.
 While excited about the new possibilities under Kathleen's stewardship, we also announce with regret, the retirement of Kay Williams, who has served as our Library's Director for the past seven years. Kay and her staff have ably served our community during this time by staying focused on the key metrics of freshening the collection, promotion of broad community use of the library through various programming initiatives, improved user experience, and technology improvements. “I'm so proud of my staff and how hard they work to support our extended library community. No one is a stranger to us, and all are welcome to use our services. I'm confident Kathleen and now her staff will find new and even better ways going forward to promote the love of learning and reading.” Kay's future plans include spending more time with her grandkids, traveling, and reading. She is planning to continue to participate with the Friends of the Hart Library group and doing other volunteer work.
 Kathleen looks forward to working with all of you.
 Best Wishes,
 Kay Williams
 Library Director
 Hart Area Public Library