[Michlib-l] Flexible Online Instruction Using Modular Learning Design Workshop - ALA Publishing

Amanda Nichols Hess nichols at oakland.edu
Mon Apr 5 14:34:53 EDT 2021

Hi michlib colleagues,

I wanted to let you know that I’ll be teaching a workshop on modular
learning design for libraries this spring.

In this two-part workshop, I’ll introduce the concept of modular learning,
an approach to developing intentional, strategic online learning objects,
and engages participants in applying these concepts in their own work. In
the first session, we’ll address how modular design fits into information
literacy and instructional design, and work together to identify what
partnerships, stakeholder relationships, and existing content you can
leverage in a modular design process. In the second session, we’ll identify
how you can incorporate evaluation, assessment, accessibility, and
usability into your projects, and how you can scale, transform, and plan
for the future of your resources.

This workshop takes place on Wednesdays, April 28 and May 5. You can
register at the ALA Store
<https://www.alastore.ala.org/content/flexible-online-instruction-using-modular-learning-design-workshop>
(direct
link:
https://www.alastore.ala.org/content/flexible-online-instruction-using-modular-learning-design-workshop).
Bulk and institutional pricing is available.

If you’ve got any questions, you can contact me or the folks at ALA
Publishing at elsmarketing at ala.org.

Hope to see you there!

Best,
Amanda Nichols Hess, Ph.D.
she / her
Coordinator of Instruction & Research Help
Liaison Librarian for the School of Education & Human Services

Oakland University Libraries
248 Kresge Library
100 Library Drive, Rochester, MI 48309-4479
(248) 370.2487 | nichols at oakland.edu