[Michlib-l] Selling in meeting room space

Kat Boyer librarykat.15 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 12:46:23 EDT 2021

Hello everyone,

Our current meeting room policy does not allow outside groups to make sales
on library property.  We do have some exceptions for people participating
in library programs (such as local authors can sell their books at our
local authors event, or artists who sell art work during our participation
in Art Hops).  We have a community group that wants to use our meeting room
to set up an artist to sell his work.  They haven't asked for any other
coordination or partnership with the library, just that they want to use
our space for sales.

Do any other libraries allow for this sort of thing?  And if so, what does
your policy look like?

Kat Boyer
Director
Benton Harbor Public Library