[Michlib-l] Registration closes today at 11:59pm for Michigan Library Advocacy Day!!

Rachel Ash rfash at milibraries.org
Mon Apr 12 12:51:55 EDT 2021

Good afternoon!

Today is the last day to register for the (virtual) Michigan Library Advocacy Day scheduled Tuesday, April 20th. Register today by 11:59pm to attend and secure a visit with your legislators!

Review the Advocacy Day Overview and Logistics(pdf)<https://www.milibraries.org/assets/docs/Advocacy%20Day%20Overview%20and%20Logistics.pdf> for complete details and visit us on the web to watch our collection of 3-min educational videos on the issues of importance to libraries, plus, check out our videos on how to tell your story and Advocacy 101 to be ready to advocate for libraries to your legislators: https://www.milibraries.org/advocacy-day

Questions? Contact us at MLA at milibraires.org<mailto:MLA at milibraires.org>

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D72F85.5622DC40]<https://www.milibraries.org/advocacy-day>

Michigan Library Advocacy Day 2021

LAST CALL! Register by 11:59pm TODAY to attend our inaugural (virtual) Michigan Library Advocacy Day on Tuesday, April 20th! This event is free to attend and open to everyone interested in supporting libraries but you must register so we can schedule your virtual legislator meet-and-greet. Check out our collection of resources to help you prepare to champion Michigan libraries and register today!

[Michigan Libraries Are More Than Books]<https://youtu.be/IFYdraH2sos>

[cid:image006.jpg at 01D72F85.5622DC40]<https://www.milibraries.org/advocacy-day-learn>
Check out our series of 3-minute educational videos to learn more about the issues that are important to libraries.
[cid:image007.jpg at 01D72F85.5622DC40]<https://www.milibraries.org/advocacy-day-prepare>
Prepare to tell your story and watch Advocacy 101 for a review on what it means to be an advocate.
[cid:image008.jpg at 01D72F85.5622DC40]<https://www.milibraries.org/advocacy-day-take-action>
Review talking points, and sample messages so you are ready to take action!

On Tuesday, April 20, the Michigan library community will unite to amplify our collective voice in support of ALL Michigan libraries at our inaugural (virtual) Michigan Library Advocacy Day! Passionate and committed library advocates from all across Michigan will join together to represent our public, school, academic, tribal and special libraries.

Join us from the comfort of your home, office or library, as we gather together in the morning on Zoom for an overview of the day and an inspirational keynote from special guest U.S. Representative Andy Levin. Advocates will then take their passion, knowledge, and stories to their individually scheduled virtual Zoom meet-and greets with congressional leaders, and will continue to strengthen our messaging throughout the day with emails, calls and tweets.

So mark your calendars now, register TODAY, invite your colleagues, trustees, friends groups, and library supporters from your community to join us, and check out our website to review a collection of resources to help you prepare to be a great library advocate.

Review the Advocacy Day Overview and Logistics(pdf)<https://www.milibraries.org/assets/docs/Advocacy%20Day%20Overview%20and%20Logistics.pdf> to view complete details including an overview of the day and answers to FAQs, and register today. Registration closes at 11:59pm today!

LEARN MORE AND REGISTER<https://www.milibraries.org/advocacy-day>

Advocacy Day Hosts

[cid:image009.png at 01D72F85.5622DC40]<http://www.milibraries.org/>

[cid:image010.jpg at 01D72F85.5622DC40]<http://www.mimame.org/>