[Michlib-l] DVD Security or Dying Format?

Erin Schmandt erin at carolibrary.org
Tue Apr 13 08:57:35 EDT 2021

How many of you are still using some form of security for your DVDs?

We currently keep fiction DVDs in binders behind the desk and the empty cases on the shelves. Our non-fiction DVDs are in their cases on the shelves. Since DVDs are a less popular format, I am contemplating returning the fictions DVDs to their cases on the shelves and reclaiming the desk space for other use. What are you using and are you planning on making changes? If you have yours all out on the shelves, do you see a high rate of theft?

Please send responses directly to me and I will compile responses to post back to the list.

Thanks,

Erin N. Schmandt
Director

Caro Area District Library