[Michlib-l] Social Media Protocols

Kim True ktrue at lincolnlib.org
Tue Apr 13 18:51:22 EDT 2021

We are in the process of building our online presence in our community through social media and while the majority of it has been great, we have noticed some questionable comments from people popping up here and there. Unfortunately it seems to be mostly in regards to our content highlighting diversity and inclusivity. While I don't want to censor individuals, I want to make sure that EVERYONE feels welcome and is represented in our collections and on our social media. I would love to know what policies or procedures your libraries have put in place to respond in situations like these. If there are resources/trainings that would be beneficial for our marketing team and myself, that would be greatly appreciated as well!

Thank you all!

Kim True
Head of Acquisitions and Public Services

Lincoln Township Public Library
2099 W. John Beers Rd
Stevensville, MI 49127
(269) 429-9575 ext 114