[Michlib-l] Sustainable Summer Reading Prizes

Barbara Beaton barbara at milanlibrary.org
Fri Apr 16 09:43:39 EDT 2021

Hello All!

We're looking into shifting to more sustainable (earth friendly) summer reading program prizes, particularly for our younger readers.  As in moving away from plastic or other landfill type things where possible.

We've had local business gift cards (ice cream, pizza slices, etc.) in the past and will hope to continue that kind of thing, but would love to hear any other ideas that you all have used, are considering, or just think might be worth looking into.

Thanks in advance!

Barbara Beaton

Assistant Director/Reference Librarian

Milan Public Library