[Michlib-l] Discomfort with Wednesday post about "neutrality"

Megan Goedge mgoedge at petoskeylibrary.org
Tue Apr 20 13:12:19 EDT 2021

I’m thankful for Kristin for bringing this up.
Project READY is a free curriculum that has been invaluable to me for learning about equity and access in libraries and they have a module about the ‘neutrality’ of libraries and library workers that (in my opinion) is a must read for every library worker. You can read that module by using the link below.

Assumption #4: Libraries and librarians are not neutral.
https://ready.web.unc.edu/section-1-foundations/module-1b-introduction/<https://gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fready.web.unc.edu%2Fsection-1-foundations%2Fmodule-1b-introduction%2F&data=04%7C01%7CWartellaB%40michigan.gov%7C0bed5fc3aa7145678ed108d903392a37%7Cd5fb7087377742ad966a892ef47225d1%7C0%7C0%7C637544366312413940%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=snHOfzEe6iHhoHxjSlXH1PzzihP9mwwEzanqnHfxSM8%3D&reserved=0>

Megan Goedge
Children’s Librarian
Petoskey District Library