[Michlib-l] Aaron Yang on NPR

Cherie Edmonds cedmonds at commercelibrary.info
Mon Apr 26 15:23:25 EDT 2021

I've been "yanged" twice (at two different libraries). Both times he
registered for the programs but didn't actually participate, and then
requested we send him prizes. He said it was part of a group "bet" to see
who could get the most summer reading prizes sent to them. He also
registered for Youth programs despite being an adult, which didn't sit well
with anyone. Why would we take away a prize, purchased with a limited
budget, from our young readers for your personal bet to get free stuff? We
responded that it was only for residents (at one library), and only for
those who could pick up in-person (at the other).

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 3:08 PM Amy Rosen via Michlib-l <michlib-l at mcls.org>
wrote:

> I have heard it  called getting "Yanged"
>
> On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 2:21 PM Laurie Walters via Michlib-l <
> michlib-l at mcls.org> wrote:
>
>> Aaron Yang made an appearance on Weekend Edition.
>>
>> Enjoy!
>>

>> https://www.npr.org/2021/04/24/990430245/aaron-yang-voracious-reader-or-giant-pain-to-librarians
>>
>> --
>> *Laurie Walters*
>> Youth Services Librarian
>> Brighton District Library
>> 100 Library Drive
>> Brighton, MI 48116
>> 810-229-6571 Ext. 215
>> lwalters at brightonlibrary.info

> --
> Amy Rosen
> Assistant Director
> White Lake Township Library
> 11005 Elizabeth Lake Road
> White Lake MI 48386
> 248-698-4942 ext 6
> whitelakelibrary.org
>

> I will respond to your email as soon as possible and thank you for your
> patience and understanding.
>
> Remember, all these things are ALSO contagious: gratitude, thankfulness,
> laughter, kindness, teamwork, support, and a community spirit.

Cherie Edmonds - Adult Services Librarian
Commerce Township Community Library
180 East Commerce Rd
Commerce Township, MI 48382
Phone: (248) 669-8108 x 123
cedmonds at commercelibrary.info

--
The information contained in this electronic message is intended only for
the use of the designated recipient(s). If the reader of this message is