[Michlib-l] ICYMI: New equity and social justice principle added to ALA Code of Ethics

jwyatt at ci.dearborn-heights.mi.us jwyatt at ci.dearborn-heights.mi.us
Thu Aug 5 14:30:50 EDT 2021

Thank you, Journey, for stating this so eloquently and passionately. It
is not just our patrons that this mindset effects, but library staff as
well.
While I have always felt welcome in my library, this thread serves to
highlight that this is not universal in libraries across the State of
Michigan.

My existence is not political. This is a human rights issue, not a
political debate.

AJ Wyatt-Greene
They/She
Family and School Services Librarian