[Michlib-l] Upcoming SW Michigan Author Appearance: Mitch Horowitz

Dan Hutchins danthutchins at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 7 16:17:22 EDT 2021

On Saturday, September 11 at 1:00 PM Van Buren District Library will host author Mitch Horowitz at the Van Buren Conference Center, located at:
490 S. Paw Paw St.Lawrence, MI 49064

Mitch is the author of “Occult America: White House Séances, Ouija Circles, Masons, and the Secret Mystic History of Our Nation”, “One Simple Idea: How the Lessons of Positive Thinking Can Transform Your Life”, and “The Miracle Club: How Thoughts Become Reality.” Mitch Horowitz is a historian of alternative spirituality and one of today's most literate voices of esoterica, mysticism, and the occult. He is among the few occult writers whose work touches the bases of academic scholarship, national journalism, and subculture cred.

Mitch’s forthcoming appearance in Van Buren County, southwest Michigan, has been years in the making. This appearance was originally scheduled for April 2020, but was postponed due to the Covid pandemic. Admission to Mitch’s September 11, 2021 Van Buren County appearance is absolutely free and open to all. A limited number of Mitch’s books will be offered for sale, and Mitch will be happy to personally sign them.

I would greatly appreciate your help in spreading the work about Mitch’s upcoming appearance. I have attached graphics in PNG format, which you may use to publicize the event on social media. I have also attached an event flyer, a description of Mitch’s appearance entitled “The Secret History of Positive Thinking”, and a brief biography of Mitch, all in PDF format.

Questions? Please contact Van Buren District Library at 269-423-4771 or use our handy contact form located here: Ask A Librarian Form | Van Buren District Library
Dan Hutchins
Director
Van Buren District Library
200 North Phelps Street