[Michlib-l] Addison Twp. Library PT Library Clerk

Jaema Berman jberman at tln.lib.mi.us
Tue Aug 24 14:14:39 EDT 2021

Addison Twp. Library - Library Clerk Position

https://www.addisontwp.michlibrary.org/

The Addison Twp. Public Library is a public library of Addison Township, Leonard, Lakeville and Oxford in Zip Code 48370. We are a Class II library servicing a population of 6,608 in northern Oakland County, Michigan. Currently we have an annual budget of $295,000. We are a small friendly neighborhood library that strives to provide excellent services, collections and technology to improve the wellbeing of our whole community.

Position : Part Time Library Clerk

Hours: 14-20 hours a week. Includes days, evenings, one weekend day. Mondays, Tuesdays, 4-8pm, Wednesdays, 10-4pm, and alternating Saturdays, 10-4pm.

Responsibilities: Checking library materials in/out, helping patrons find materials, shelving books and movies. Collecting fees. Registering new library patrons and maintaining patron records. Computer data entry. Helping patrons download ebooks.

Requirements: Love of reading and working with clients of all ages. Ability to shelve books and push book carts. Ability to lift, bend or stoop in order to sort or shelve materials. Be willing to learn new technology.

Compensation: $10/hr.to start.

Application: Send completed Job Application-see link below, resume and cover letter due Sept. 27, 2021 electronically to [ mailto:addisontwplibrary at gmail.com | addisontwplibrary at gmail.com ] , subject: Library Clerk Position or via mail to:

Addison Twp. Library

1400 Rochester Rd.

Leonard, MI 48367

Attn: Jaema Berman

Currently reading The Magicians by Lev Grossman

Jaema Berman
Library Director
Addison Twp. Public Library
1400 Rochester Rd.
Leonard, MI 48367
(248) 628-7180
www.addisontwp.michlibrary.org
“A library outranks any other one thing a community can do to benefit its people. It is a never failing spring in the desert.”
― Andrew Carnegie