[Michlib-l] Update: ARSL Board Votes to Require Proof of Vaccination at Annual Conference 2021

Lancaster, Cathy (MDE) LancasterC5 at michigan.gov
Thu Aug 26 11:11:55 EDT 2021

8/23/2021 Update: ARSL Board Votes to Require Proof of Vaccination<https://www.arsl.org/2021-registration-landing-page>
In the interest of ensuring the safety of our attendees and presenters, and based on the best available information from the CDC regarding large indoor gatherings, the Board of Directors of the Association for Rural and Small Libraries has voted in favor of requiring proof of vaccination to attend the 2021 ARSL Conference in person. You are considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19 two weeks after your second shot if you receive(d) two doses (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), or two weeks after you receive(d) a single-dose vaccine (Johnson and Johnson (J&J)/Janssen).

Attendees who fail to provide proof of vaccination will be denied admission to the conference. If you have been advised against receiving the COVID-19 vaccination by your doctor, you may provide documentation of that medical exemption on official clinic or hospital letterhead in lieu of a vaccination card. Attendees who cannot provide proof of vaccination are invited to join us for the virtual conference experience. The ARSL office will be glad to assist you in changing your registration as needed; no administrative fees will be charged to registrants as a result of these changes.

We hope that this decision will help our attendees feel more secure attending our in-person event, and we look forward to reconnecting and growing with you this October.

Please direct any questions to the ARSL office at info at arsl.org<mailto:info at arsl.org>.

Cathy Lancaster
Youth Services Coordinator
Library of Michigan