[Michlib-l] The Railway Series - Special Request

Rebecca Russell becca at ropl.org
Fri Aug 27 12:43:57 EDT 2021

Hey Everyone,
We have a young man that came in today looking for a very specific book. He
wants to read the complete Railway Series, and he is short by one book. Our
catalog shows that we have it, and it shows this particular book as the
display picture for our box set, but we do not have this particular title.
This young man is specifically looking for an individual book. He will not
read an anthology. Because these books are nearly 50 years old, I can't
find another library in our system that has it, nor can I find them in MEL
(apart from a stacks-only copy at U-M). I was wondering if anybody had
either a copy not in the catalog, or possibly in their donations that they
might be willing to spare (either to lend or for purchase).

The book is the title *Mountain Engines*, and it is the 19th book in the *Rev.
W. Awdry's Railway Series*, better known today as Thomas the Tank Engine.
It is part of the box set of 26 volumes, originally published in 1964 and
subsequently re-released. The ISBN is  978-0434927968, though as far as I
can tell, it is not available for sale outside of the box set unless you
get it from a secondary seller.

Do any of you have a copy of this book, or a solution I may be able to give
the mother (this seems to be a sticking point for her son, he asked if I
could hunt down the person who hadn't returned our copy) that does not
involve purchasing the book? I think she's probably getting close to that
point, but it was such an odd request, I thought I might ask. Thanks!

--
*Becca Russell *(she/her)
*Teen/YA Librarian & Social Media Maven*

Currently Reading
<https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/7197297?utm_medium=reading_link&utm_source=email_signature>
[image: Book Cover]
<https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/7197297?utm_medium=cover&utm_source=email_signature>