[Michlib-l] Join NDL: Greg Bodker will discuss Birding, virtually, on 12/6 at 7pm

Katie Rothley krothley at northvillelibrary.org
Sat Dec 4 09:41:56 EST 2021

Northville Library to host guest speaker Greg Bodker virtually, on Birding and Birdwatching

Northville, MI: View photographer Greg Bodker’s beautiful images as he discusses an enjoyable hobby and pastime, birding and birdwatching; Northville District Library will host Greg Bodker virtually using Zoom on Monday, December 6 at 7pm. Many people enjoy feeding our feathered friends, but did you know that birding is a form of citizen science? Many birders will track species of birds, share their findings and contribute to online databases, maintained by the Audubon Society or Rare Bird Alert to name a few.

Greg will discuss: the excitement and enjoyment of birdwatching; differences between birding and birdwatching; how to attract more birds to your backyard; what kind of birds you may see in your backyard along with the appropriate feeders to install; how birding beyond the backyard leads to many enriching experiences; places to go locally for birding; the excitement of a bird chase; and stories from the field while doing his own birding .

Greg Bodker has been a serious birder since 2006, combining his interest in birds, nature, and photography as often as possible. Greg has led birding trips for Michigan Audubon and served on its Board of Directors for three years. Currently, he enjoys delivering birding and nature education presentations to audiences throughout Michigan. He also has presented at San Antonio Audubon. Greg Bodker’s family owned Parmenter’s Northville Cider Mill from 1968 – 1991. He worked there every season for 23 years. Greg says, “Presenting to the Northville Community is really exciting for me. In many ways it is like a homecoming."

Greg has birded in all of Michigan’s 83 counties and in most of North America. He is excited to report he saw his 625th North American bird species, a Tufted Duck, while birding in Southwest Michigan in 2019.
Greg was also named a winner in Michigan Nature Association’s 2018 and 2019 photo contests.

Please join us online, using the Northville District Library’s Zoom account. Advance registration is required on our website a t: [ https://bit.ly/3cklqDG | https://bit.ly/3cklqDG ] . Visit Greg Bodker’s website for more information on birding and birdwatching here: [ https://backyardbirdsandbeyond.com/ | https://backyardbirdsandbeyond.com/ ]

For more information, visit Northville District Library on Facebook here: [ https://fb.me/e/1tmeL5Nyb | https://fb.me/e/1tmeL5Nyb ] , visit our website at: [ https://northvillelibrary.org/?page_id=22254 | northvillelibrary.org, ] or telephone the library at 248-349-3020.
Hope to see you there!

Katie Rothley, MLIS
Marketing & Public Relations Librarian
Northville District Library