[Michlib-l] Job Posting: Head of Youth Services, Ferndale Area District Library

Jenny Marr jmarr at fadl.org
Wed Dec 22 15:19:02 EST 2021

Due to an internal promotion, the Ferndale Area District Library is
currently seeking a new Youth Services Department Head. The ideal candidate
will lead our extraordinarily talented and well-funded team of three
full-time youth librarians as we manage our transition through, and
hopefully out of, the COVID-19 pandemic. This position will work closely
with library administration to develop and implement library-wide policies,
as well as help craft and coordinate a busy year-round schedule of
programming for children ages 0-18. We take pride in our laidback, fun, and
welcoming work atmosphere, and encourage our staff to pursue projects that
align with their own interests and passions. Those who have a pun-chant for
turns of phrase will find FADL a very re-word-ing place to work.

Ferndale is the place to be!

FADL is a class IV library in the heart of artsy, walkable downtown
Ferndale. Surrounded by historic neighborhoods, trendy restaurants, hopping
nightclubs, sweet bakeries, bangin' music venues, chic art galleries, and a
year-round schedule of popular street festivals, FADL takes Pride in being
right in the middle of it all. FADL's Kids Corner, which was part of a
modernizing expansion to the library back in 2008, is currently undergoing
a major renovation which should be completed by the time this posting
closes.

Hours: 40 hours/week, includes occasional evenings and weekends

Salary: Starting between $50,960 - $53,040, depending on qualifications and
experience

Benefits: Blue Cross Blue Shield (medical, dental, vision, Rx), Life/AD&D,
Short and Long Term Disability, 401(k) plan, optional 457 & Roth IRA plans,
paid holidays, PTO

Reports to: Library Director

Application Deadline:  January 17, 2022

Please send a cover letter, resume, and completed application (attached) to
Library Director Jenny Marr:  jmarr at fadl.org

A meaningful cover letter should include information about your previous
supervisory experience, programming, and outreach to schools.

Jenny Marr
Director
Ferndale Area District Library
222 E 9 Mile Rd, Ferndale, MI 48220