[Michlib-l] Looking for a book

Nannette Pretzer n.pretzer at stcharlesdistrictlibrary.org
Tue Feb 2 12:17:09 EST 2021

Patron looking for a book and wondered if anyone knew the title and author.
I have done extensive search, but have not come up with the right one.

The book is probably several years old.  It is about a Russian Scientist who
kidnaps, tortures and kills young women (teenagers?).  He would shave them
and torture them while the other young women were forced to watch.  He would
drill holes into their head and probe their brain.  A detective was on the
case.  Don't know the name of the detective.  Patron stated it was a very
gruesome book.  He stated it was a very good book you just couldn't put
down.  He said it was a fiction book.  Suspense or horror possibly?

That's all the details I have.  Of course while searching you find tons of
kidnapping, torture and murder.

Any guesses would be appreciated!  Thank you.

Nannette Pretzer, Director

St. Charles District Library

132 S. Saginaw Street

St. Charles, MI  48655