[Michlib-l] Reopening questions

Valerie Meyerson vmeyerson at petoskeylibrary.org
Tue Feb 2 14:39:44 EST 2021

We have been open for a while. We do not limit browsing. We find that most people come in and don't linger too long. We did limit the time on computers to one, one-hour log in. We do have some that sit at a table - mostly to just get out of their houses for a little bit. We are allowing patrons to browse magazines and to check them out. We strongly encourage hand sanitizing prior to entering the periodical area. (with a stand up dispenser right in front of the entryway). We do have capacity limits to each area and have not had a problem with overcrowding. The one exception to that was during the high school exam week where the kids had a half day, and no bus service until 3:30. They all came down to the library.... and we had to turn a few away.