[Michlib-l] FW: Staff member tests positive

White, Shannon (MDE) WhiteS29 at michigan.gov
Wed Feb 10 11:30:12 EST 2021

Hi Perri. This really depends on whether other staff members were in what is considered close contact with the individual. Many libraries that have closed may have determined that so many staff needed to be quarantined that closing was their only option. Closing is not dependent on a positive case of one staff member.  There are a number of factors to consider when determining the need to close the facility.

What do you already have outlined in your required response plan? You do have to follow up with some cleaning protocols as well and this should also already be outlined in your COVID response plan.

If a combination of factors  necessitate closing that may be your only option.  It’s really a lot more than just if a staff member tests positive.   If you are changing your procedures you also need to update your Covid response plan.

You can also refer back here too: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/general-business-faq.html#Suspected-or-Confirmed-Cases-of-COVID-19-in-the-Workplace

sdw

Shannon White
Library of Michigan, 702 W. Kalamazoo, Lansing, MI 48909
Whites29 at michigan.gov<mailto:Whites29 at michigan.gov>  517-335-1507 | www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan<http://www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan>
Call me on Teams<callto:whites29 at michigan.gov>