[Michlib-l] Program recommendation-The Snow Killings by Marney Keenan

David Stokes dstokes at milfordlibrary.info
Thu Feb 11 10:40:25 EST 2021

Hello there,

I wanted to recommend an author who made a virtual visit at our library
last night.

Retired *Detroit News* journalist Marney Keenan presented an engaging,
eye-opening, and morbidly fascinating presentation, based on her recent
book *The Snow Killings: Inside the Oakland County Child Killer
Investigation* (McFarland Press, 2020).

Like myself, if you lived in Oakland County (or even SE MI) in the ’70s
during the time that these events occurred, then this is a story that you
likely have never forgotten.

A time of innocence became a time of vigilance, and it was a scary time to
be a child, or a parent, back then in the wake of the murders.

True crime remains a popular program topic, and since this one is
Michigan-related and even local for some libraries, I highly recommend
Marney.

Thanks,

David M. Stokes
Adult Services Librarian