[Michlib-l] Virtual Event w/ SLJ's 2020 Librarian of the Year

Geiken, Laura lgeiken at ci.dearborn.mi.us
Wed Feb 17 10:03:13 EST 2021

Hello!

The Dearborn Public Library in partnership with the Arab American National Museum is hosting a virtual conversation about representation, race, and identity this Saturday, February 20th at 2:00pm with Malaka Gharib and Cecily Lewis. Gharib is an NPR editor and the author of the 2020 Arab American Book Award-winning graphic memoir I Was Their American Dream. Lewis is the founder of the Read Woke Challenge, and also School Library Journal's 2020 School Librarian of the Year. This event is part of the Dearborn Public Library's Read Woke Challenge. To learn more about our Challenge, visit: https://dearbornlibrary.org/wordpress/read-woke/

Everyone is welcome to attend! It will be over Zoom, but we are also live streaming it through our Facebook page and the Museum's as well. To register for this free event, visit: https://arabamericanmuseum.org/event/read-woke-with-cicely-lewis-malaka-gharib/?event_date=2021-02-20

This project is funded in part by Michigan Humanities, an affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities.

Thank you for your time and stay safe,

Laura Geiken
Teen Librarian
Dearborn Public Library