[Michlib-l] Join us Thursday at 10am for the MLA Connect Coffee Hour: AmeriCorps Opioid Rescue Training

Rachel Ash rfash at milibraries.org
Tue Feb 23 11:00:06 EST 2021

During this special coffee hour dedicated to raising awareness about the opioid crisis and providing opioid response training to library staff, presenters from the AmeriCorps Community Training for Overdose Rescue Program will share information and provide training around the magnitude of the opioid crisis and its impact on our communities.

The AmeriCorps Community Training for Overdose Rescue Program will also cover how to recognize the signs of an overdose, how to respond to an overdose including how and when to administer Narcan, how to perform CPR, and aftercare considerations for overdose survivors.

At the end of the training, AmeriCorps will mail participants an Overdose Rescue Kit containing Narcan - an overdose-reversal medicine that comes in an easy-to-use nasal spray device.

The coffee hour is free to attend! We hope you will join us as we continue to bring awareness to the opioid crisis and training and resources for responding to opioid overdoses at the library.

Learn more: https://www.milibraries.org/index.php?option=com_jevents&task=icalrepeat.detail&evid=132&Itemid=119&year=2021&month=02&day=25&title=mla-connect-coffee-hour-americorps-opioid-response-training&uid=70c07fc4c56666362697f37866b66d5b

Register here - no login required! https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIof-yurDgtGNyVquEYMlZ2OkwgjlbrTJyH

Rachel Ash
Membership and Communications Director
Michigan Library Association