[Michlib-l] Scammers on Facebook

Aing PWPL aingpwpl at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 16:09:48 EST 2021

Back in January Emily from Royal Oak posted about scalpers on their
facebook page. This just happened to us today! Bots posting over and over
in a concert's comments. We were 'finally' able to figure out how to turn
off commenting. I'm told that the new business manager makes it nearly
impossible to do this, we had to use the 'old way.' I never did find the
solution! It was my valiant YS librarian who saved the day.

Seems like this might be the next area of trouble with using facebook to
promote events. Anyone else seeing this activity yet?

Other solutions? We deleted posts and turned off commenting, but I don't
know if its better to try and block these 'bot-people-users' instead? We
couldn't quite figure that one out.

Anyone else sick of facebook yet? Ugh.
The less time I spend using it the happier I seem to be, coincidence?
I think not.

Photo of posts below:
[image: image.png]

*Andrea IngmireLibrary DirectorPeter White Public Library*
(906) 226-4303 (office)
(906) 250-0080 (cell)
(906) 226-1783 (fax)
*http://pwpl.info/ <http://pwpl.info/>*