[Michlib-l] Upcoming Training for Directors and Trustees

Shannon White - Library of Michigan whites29 at michigan.gov
Fri Jan 8 09:17:48 EST 2021

If you are looking for upcoming training opportunities from the Library of Michigan be sure to take a look at www.michigan.gov/libraryce<http://www.michigan.gov/libraryce> where you can find a list of all the current training and webinar opportunities for Michigan library staff and trustees.

Upcoming events of most interest to directors and trustees are below and can be found with more details on our training calendar<https://libraryofmichigan.z2systems.com/np/clients/libraryofmichigan/publicaccess/eventCalendarBig.jsp?year=2021&month=0>. You can register for the free events using the links you find there.

  *   Library Law Spotlight - Library Privacy Act Amendments, Pt 1. - January 27 at 10:00 am ET (Pt. 2 will be hosted by MLA in March)
  *   Uniform Chart of Accounts Update - February 9 at 2:00 pm ET
  *   Millage Law for Libraries - February 17 at 10:00 am ET
  *   Trustee Training 101 - March 10 at 10:00 am ET
  *   Trustee Training 102, Advanced Trustee - March 17 at 10:00 am ET

At the beginning of this year we also began offering training from PCI Webinars and you can find all of these, which include four live webinars per month, alongside LM training on our training calendar.

Don't forget that LM also provides funding for training and professional development through the Library Continuing Education Program<https://www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan/0,9327,7-381-88855_89737-359559--,00.html>. We are currently reviewing stipend requests monthly and you can receive up to $500 for virtual events through this program. We just approved a new batch of funding for many library staff to participate in a variety of professional development programs over the next few months.

We hope you find content that is of use to you in your own work. Please let us know if you have any questions.

sdw

Shannon White
Library of Michigan, 702 W. Kalamazoo, Lansing, MI 48909
Whites29 at michigan.gov<mailto:Whites29 at michigan.gov>  517-335-1507 | www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan<http://www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan>