[Michlib-l] MeL Minute: MeL Badge Contest Winner

Breed, Liz (MDE) BreedL at michigan.gov
Fri Jan 8 15:30:17 EST 2021

In November, we announced the launch of the new MeL Expert Badge coming in 2021. At that time, we also announced a naming contest to give this new badge program a proper name. The entries have been reviewed and tabulated, and today, we're ready to announce the winner and the new name for the badge. We'd like to send a big thank you to the folks who passed along ideas.  With over 40 clever and thoughtful suggestions, you made it difficult to choose! After much discussion, we finally settled on the name MeL Maven Badge. We had 4 people submit the MeL Maven idea but the first person was Heather Wood-Gramza, Director of the Howard Miller Public Library, which makes her our official winner. Congratulations, Heather!

We're excited about the new MeL Maven Badge which will be available later this year. The MeL team is fully embracing "just-in-time, what’s in it for me” microlearning modules for adults. We’ll be delivering knowledge of how to use the eResources in everyday language, with real-life examples. We'll be showcasing the top MeL eResources in ways that allow Michigan library staff to take away concrete knowledge of how to use MeL. Learners will be able to dip in and out of these modules as they like, take them in any order, and at their own pace. When they complete the series, they will earn their MeL Maven Badge.

Thanks again to all who shared ideas. Stay tuned for the new MeL Maven Badge coming to you later this year!

Brought to you by the MeL Team.

Supporting Michigan Libraries by Putting You First.

Want more information on MeL?  Stay tuned for the next MeL Minute available on many Michigan library listservs,  visit http://mel.org<http://mel.org/>, or sign up for the MeL Minute and other Library of Michigan e-mail lists via GovDelivery<https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/MILOM/subscriber/new>. We encourage you to share MeL Minutes with your colleagues and networks.

MeL eResources are available to Michigan residents or for Michigan library or school access only.

#IMLSGrant

Liz Breed
Michigan eLibrary Coordinator
Library of Michigan | Michigan Department of Education
517-335-1497 | breedl at michigan.gov<mailto:breedl at michigan.gov>
www.mel.org<http://www.mel.org/> | Follow MeL: Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/mel.org/> and Twitter<https://twitter.com/meldotorg>

[cid:image003.png at 01D6E5D3.29EE1FA0]