[Michlib-l] Scalpers for library events???

Emily Dumas emily at ropl.org
Tue Jan 12 12:14:26 EST 2021

So we've run into a bizarre issue in the last few weeks and I was wondering
if any other library has experienced this.  Any time we advertise an Adult
program on Facebook we're bombarded with people (probably bots) saying they
have tickets to sell to it (please note all our programs are free).  We
block and hide these comments, and plan to add a disclaimer that programs
are free, but it's getting really annoying and hard to keep up with!  I
wanted to know if anyone else has seen this happening for their events, and
what did you do about it?

Thanks!
Emily

--