[Michlib-l] Social Services Strategies and Tips Event

Mary Cook mcook at herrickdl.org
Wed Jan 13 11:38:27 EST 2021

Hello all,

Something to put on your radar:

The Lakeland Library Cooperative's Continuing Education Committee has another opportunity for you: Social Services Strategies and Tips.

Join us for a virtual one-hour session with Tiffany Russell, LMSW, Social Worker at the Niles District Library.  Library staff often have a passion for helping patrons find what it is they are looking for, but what do you do when the help they ask for goes beyond library expertise?  Tiffany will share some strategies in how we can be empathetic listeners, how we can hold a healthy and appropriate boundary with patrons, and suggest some other informational resources that may be helpful.

Tiffany will be presenting on Friday, January 29 at 10am.

Sign up is free and you can register here: http://llcoop.evanced.info/signup/EventDetails?EventId=3148&backTo=Calendar&startDate=2021/01/04

Please reach out if you have any questions.

Mary Cook
Assistant Director
Herrick District Library
300 S. River Ave