[Michlib-l] Michigan History Books

Stacy Pasche spasche at benzieshoreslibrary.org
Thu Jan 21 09:41:38 EST 2021

Hello Everyone,

We have several old Michigan History books and not much room to store them.
I'm not sure we are the best home for them, as our neighboring library has
a pretty extensive Michigan history collection. Please contact me if you
are interested in any of these titles. Free to any library/museum

Michigan Pioneer and Historical Collections: Vol. 2-38 (Missing vols. 1, 28
and 29) and index of vols 16-30. Copyrights range from 1877-1908 as we get
into later volumes.

Michigan Sentinel History: Vol. 1-5 copyright 1939

Historic Michigan: Vol. 1-3 copyright 1924 (We have two copies of this.)

Michigan as a Province, Territory, and State: Vol. 1, 2, and 4 copyright
1906

Public and Local Acts of the Legislature c. 1963

Michigan in the War: 1861-1865 c. 1882

Messages of the Governors of Michigan c. 1925

Michigan and Its Resources c. 1893

History of the Michigan Agricultural College c. 1915

Report of the Superintendant of Public Instruction 1883 c. 1884

Michigan in the World War (no copyright date, but since it’s about WWI and
it just calls it “the world war” assuming pre-1939.)

Constitutional Commission Journal c. 1873

Michigan at Chickamauga, Chattanooga, and Missionary Ridge, 1863 c. 1899

Michigan Waterfowl Management c. 1935

Michigan Under British Rule c. 1926

State Control of Public Instruction c. 1926

Historical Geography of Detroit vol. 1 and 2 c. 1918

Michigan Bibliographies vol. 1 and 2 c. 1921

Michigan Historical Collections Vol. 40 c. 1929

The Life and Times of Stevens Thomson Mason, Michigan’s  Boy Governor c.
1920

Michigan Biographies vol. 1 A-K c. 1924

Michigan Biographies vol. 2 L-Z c. 1924

Messages of Governors of Michigan Vol. 1, 2, 3 and 4 c. 1926, 1927, and
1927 respectively

--
Stacy Pasche,
Library Director

*Benzie Shores District Library*

*630 Main St.*

*Frankfort, MI  49635*
*ph: (231) 352-4671*

*"Sometimes its fun to do the impossible."  - Walt Disney*