[Michlib-l] Picture Book Neighborhoods

Lorry Traver ltraver at ruthhughes.org
Fri Jul 9 11:01:20 EDT 2021

Hi all,

For those who have their picture books separated into various
categories, I have a couple questions for you.

We are going to move our "Favorites" picture books to its own section.

How do you decide which book qualifies as a favorite? Does it need to
have a certain number of circulations? Should it be something that
recently checked out or simply has a large number of checkouts from
the past?

If a book is moved from the regular section to the favorites section,
should all that author's books be moved as well?

If there are other details you'd like to share with me on how to
maneuver this change, and how your patrons adjusted to this new
section, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you so much!

--
"You're never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read
to a child." - Dr. Seuss

Lorry Traver
Youth Services Coordinator
Ruth Hughes Memorial District Library