[Michlib-l] Open Hours results

David Votta vottad at charlottelibrary.org
Mon Jul 19 09:56:46 EDT 2021

Thank you to everyone who responded. I paired down the answers into digestible bites. The breakdown of slightly reduced and back to pre-Covid was roughly consistent across types. Many also made slight adjustments with their pre and current "regular hours".

For the tally below some libraries have "back to normal hours" at some branches and reduced at others. For those I counted both.

Back to pre-Covid hours: 23

Reduced hours: 14

*         We have maintained our full open hours since July 6, 2020.

*         Back to our normal hours of operation as of April 1.

*         Same hours as preCovid.

*         We're the exact same hours, and were fully open.

*         Regular hours, as pre-Covid.

*         Opened to our regular, pre-COVID hours.

*         Slightly less than prior to COVID.

*         We are operating at the same hours as pre-Covid.

*         We've kept our normal hours.

*         Same hours as pre-covid here.

*         Reduced by one hour per day.

*         Back to their original hours.

*         We are back to our pre-pandemic hours.

*         Slightly reduced.

*         Very slightly reduced.

*         Slightly limited.

*         Slightly reduced.

*         Slightly reduced and I don't anticipate that we will go back to regular hours anytime soon.

*         Slightly reduced hours, as we can practically hear crickets after 5pm most nights.

*         Back to the same as pre-covid.

*         We never limited our hours--only limited what in-person services were available.

*         Our hours are the same for our main library and branch.

*         Back to our normal hours.

*         Our hours are reduced.

*         Our main library is slightly reduced. About 12 hours less per week, which includes a full closure on Fridays.  Our 2 branch libraries are at normal pre-Covid hours.

*         We will actually be open two hours more per week with our new hours.  Moving from 44-46 hours.  We are a class I Library.

*         We are open our regular Library hours.

*         We are back to regular hours as we had pre covid.

*         We're starting our regular hours in September. We actually made some slight tweaks to them thinking that it was the best time to do so since our members probably don't remember what our regular hours were in late 2019/early 2020.

*         Back to pre-COVID hours.

*         We returned to our regular hours on July 6th.

*         Some of the branches have resumed normal business hours and others have reduced their hours.

*         We returned to our original hours, pre-COVID, several weeks ago, minus our "seasonal" Sunday hours (Sept.-April).

*         We are not back to our pre-covid hours, however to be honest, I am not sure that we ever will be.

*         We are still on reduced hours.

David Votta
Director
Charlotte Community Library
517.543.8859